Standard processes require that all Medicaid members are reviewed annually to ensure they continue to meet the Medicaid eligibility standards. Due to the Covid-19 Public Health Medicaid members have maintained their coverage without action since March 2020.
Nebraska Medicaid has now begun the process of reviewing Medicaid eligibility for all members. It will take approximately twelve months to complete the review process.
If sufficient information is already available to confirm a member is eligible, they will be automatically renewed. However, in some cases the member will need to provide information to Nebraska Medicaid to confirm their eligibility. Members who do not respond to requests for information may lose their Medicaid coverage.
- Confirm Nebraska Medicaid has their correct contact information. Member information can be updated at ne.gov
- Check their eligibility date at ne.gov
- Watch their mail for requests from Nebraska Medicaid and respond to all requests.
- If they are no longer eligible and do not have other coverage, consider applying for a Qualified Marketplace Health Plan at gov
It is important that providers verify eligibility for Medicaid members as coverage begins to change.
When to verify:
- Member schedules an appointment
- Member arrives for the appointment
How to verify:
- For all Medicaid members: Check the 24/7 Nebraska Medicaid Eligibility System (NMES) at 800-642-6092
- For Nebraska Total Care member: Check the Secure Provider Portal at NebraskaTotalCare.com/login or call Provider Services 1-844-385-2192 (TTY 711) Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m., Central
Nebraska Total Care has Medicaid Renewal Resource materials available to share with members to educate them on the renewal process, as well as our Qualified Marketplace Health Plan, Ambetter from Nebraska Total Care. For providers we have printed copies of member educational material, please contact your Provider Relations Representative if you would like any of those.